Complaints Procedure

The child's parent, carer or any person who has been provided with a service at the school can register a complaint. By law, governing bodies must have a complaints procedure in place, please read the following regarding how to make a complaint.

Raising your complaint informally

You can raise a complaint with a member of school staff either in person, by telephone, or in writing.

You will be given a chance to discuss your concerns informally with the appropriate member of staff. Complaints about a member of staff should be made to the Headteacher. You may need to make an appointment to discuss these concerns further.

  • You can bring a friend to any discussion

  • The member of staff dealing with the concern will make sure you understand what actions have been agreed

  • The process will be completed quickly and conclusions will be sent to you in writing

  • If a suitable solution can’t be found, we will advise you to consider making a formal complaint in writing to the Headteacher.

Formal complaints

Stormont House School follows the Hackney Education model complaints’ procedure.  

Any complaint brought to the Headteacher that suggests that a child has been at risk of:
  • violence
  • emotional abuse
  • sexual interference
  • neglect
may be referred to Hackney Social Services and/or to the social services authority for the area in which the child lives. If social services decides to investigate, this may delay or replace the school investigation.

Further information

  • Katherine Cracknell, Acting Head of Wellbeing and Education Safeguarding at Hackney Education - 020 8820 7773.

Complaints about Hackney Education

If your complaint is about a service provided by Hackney Education, there is a separate procedure to follow. Go to Hackney Council - Complaints

Help and advice with your complaint

Officers in Hackney Educations Admissions and Pupil Benefits Team can provide advice and guidance to schools, parents and complainants on the procedures.  You can call the team on 020 8820 7402 / 7396 / 7501.