The World of Work - External Work Experience Success for Year 11
29th January 2016
As part of the Key Stage 4 Careers Programme, the Year 11 students have just completed two weeks on their external work experience placements.
There are a number of reasons why our students complete an external work placement:
- It gives our students a valuable insight into the skills needed for a particular job
- It is an opportunity to test out a job that they are interested in to see if it is a path they may want to follow in the future
- It can broaden our students knowledge of jobs that they may have never considered
- It will increase awareness of skills and strengths
- It helps our students to understand how the subjects they study in school are linked to certain jobs
- It gives an insight into what the world of work is really like.
- St Scholastica’s Primary School
- DC Advisory / Williams Lea
- Access to Sport
- Millfield’s Children’s Centre
- Spitalfields City Farm
- T A Motors
- I AM Security
- The Salvation Army
- WAC Arts College
- Jewish Museum London
- Play on Sports
- Morningside Primary School and Children’s Centre
- TAG / Williams Lea
- Millfields Community Prmary School
- Centre 404
- Stormont House School - working as TA’s / PE Assistants / Premises Assistants
We have received feedback from the supervisors of the placements, they have commended our students enthusiasm for their roles, conscientious attitude, ability to learn quickly and adapt to the requirements of the job, ability to stay focussed, independence, motivation and timekeeping.
Ms Thackaberry would like to congratulate all of the students for completing their external work experience successfully. Well done Year 11.